Tuesday, May 17, 2016

I Am - 2 Very Powerful Words



As I was working on my website this morning, and I thought about revising my page “About Me”, I wanted to give some very deep consideration to who I Am now compared to who I was when I first began this journey. Actually, I began my journey when I took my first breath, as I truly believe we choose the path we are on before we enter into this physical world. Perhaps our “I Am” changes throughout our life; or is it only our perception of “I Am” that changes as we move forward on our journey, as we get older, as we gain wisdom?

My thoughts then took me down another path of understanding, of how our “I Am” evolves. 

I have been fascinated with the triquetra for many, many years. It is a Celtic symbol representing the phases we as women go through in our lives. It’s the cycle of life, from Maiden, to Mother, and finally, if we are fortunate, to Crone. Further, it’s a symbol of past, present and future, waxing, full and waning moons, and earth, sea and sky. The triquetra is a circle with 3 interconnected loops, representing the circle of life in which we are all connected. 


Maiden ~ Mother ~ Crone
The Maiden is a young carefree girl experiencing all of the wonders of the world through the eyes of innocence. She is creativity, impatience, wonder and delight. The Maiden is the epitome of the saying “dance like no one is watching” but in fact she does not care if anyone is watching. She is free and wild and the spark that begins the journey. She will not be tamed, as there is much to be learned in this phase of her young life. 

 The Mother is the one who brings life, a nurturer, a caretaker. She is sexual energy, fertile and full of life. She is a protector, the guardian. As a mother, she is connected with, and a true force of nature. Like a magician, she is able to manifest the ideas and dreams of the maiden. Where the Maiden is wild in her dance, the Mother brings a flow and natural rhythm to the music. She is akin to a sail that brings the boat safely through the storm and back to the shore. 

In the old days, and as it should be today, the Crone was the most revered of the three. She is the one who has gained great wisdom and knowledge through her own experiences and life lessons. The Crone knows the dance is slowing, and she had earned the right to relax and enjoy the sunset. She is the wise woman who shares her knowledge with the Mother so that it can be passed down through the generations, as it was once passed down to her.  The Crone is also the one who entertains and encourages the wild and carefree nature of the Maiden, allowing her to be true to herself and experience all that nature and the world has to offer. She instills the belief that nothing is out of the Maiden’s reach, if she follows her heart and refuses the words of the naysayer, traveling happily along her own path. 

So as I begin revising my “About Me”  I will keep in mind the phases of my life thus far, the knowledge I have gained, and the idea that “I Am” has never really changed, it’s only grown and evolved as I have, and will most likely continue to do throughout the rest of my life.. at least I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment